About-us

History

The Missionary Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament (MCBS) was founded on 7 May 1933 by Very Rev Fr Mathew Alakalam and Very Rev Fr Joseph Paredom at Mallappally in the Archdiocese of Changanacherry in Kerala. On 20 August 1989 a contract was signed by the MCBS Superior General and the Bishop of Ajmer-Jaipur to undertake the pastoral care and evangelization of the two civil districts of Sirohi and Jalor in Rajasthan. MCBS was entrusted with the charge of the Most Holy Name of Jesus Parish in Abu Road. Rev Fr Cyriac Muppathiyil and Rev Fr Thomas Thulumpummackal were the first MCBS missionaries to serve in Rajasthan.