WHO WE ARE
The Missionary Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament (MCBS) was founded on 7 May 1933 by Very Rev Fr Mathew Alakalam and Very Rev Fr Joseph Paredom at Mallappally in the Archdiocese of Changanacherry in Kerala, India. On 20 August 1989 a contract was signed by the MCBS Superior General and the Bishop of Ajmer-Jaipur to undertake the pastoral care and evangelization of the two civil districts of Sirohi and Jalore in Rajasthan. Rev Fr Cyriac Muppathiyil and Rev Fr Thomas Thulumpummackal were the MCBS pioneer missionaries in Rajasthan. They began their mission at the Holy Name of Jesus Parish in Abu Road.